Wednesday 23 July 2014

A new clock for the shack

Segal's Law states :

"A man with a clock knows what time it is. A man with 2 clocks is never sure."

It speaks to having too much information when making a decision.

I have that problem. I have a thing for building electronic clocks. Nixie's, LED, LCD, Binary, VFD. I have them all. I have never built one of my own design however. They have always been found on the Internet and built from a diagram or around a PIC etc.

This clock is different. I can honestly say that I designed it from scratch. I wanted an NTP based clock so that it would always be correct without me having to set it every time the power went out. I also wanted to learn how to use an Arduino. This clock was born out of a combination of those two needs.

In addition to displaying the current UTC time the clock also displays the current cycle of the HF Beacon Project.


No comments:

Post a Comment